Learn the basics of Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint and Word, plus other computer skills, at free Pierce County Library System computer classes this September and October.
Receive free assistance creating résumés, searching for jobs, using email, searching the Web and downloading free e-books to your e-reader, including Kindle. Acquire knowledge about how to make the most of the apps on your mobile phone, use the Internet to assess the value of your collectibles, explore your family tree using library databases, and discover the fundamentals of financial bookkeeping and QuickBooks software.
Find out how to use cloud computing, plan your next trip, get plugged into social networking and discover how to save money and have fun with your Library card.
Here are the classes offered at the .
- Drop-In Help, Tuesday, Sept. 4, 2 – 4 p.m.
- Word 2010 for Beginners, Tuesday, Sept. 11, 2 – 4 p.m.
- Drop-In Help, Tuesday, Sept. 18, 2 – 4 p.m.
- Apps for Beginners, Tuesday, Sept. 25, 2 – 4 p.m.
- Drop-In Help, Tuesday, Oct. 2, 2 – 4 p.m.
- Cloud Computing, Tuesday, Oct. 9, 2 – 4 p.m.
- Drop-In Help, Tuesday, Oct. 16, 2 – 4 p.m.
- Database Genealogy, Tuesday, Oct. 23, 2 – 4 p.m.
- Drop-In Help, Tuesday, Oct. 30, 2 – 4 p.m.