It’s Thursday, and you’ve got no idea what you’ll be doing this weekend?
Gig Harbor Patch is coming to the rescue. We’ve got the best bets for your done-work, outta-here time. Check our picks for the activities to hit and new hot spots to explore.
- Where/When: 7 p.m. on Saturday, April 9, at .
- Why Go: If you're looking for some live classical music this weekend, you should go enjoy the Signature Brass Quintet. The concert's music will range from lyrical to lively with a unique blending of brass instruments. Still not convinced? Check out this YouTube clip of the Synergy Brass Quintet to get an idea of what you're in for.
- Pricing: Admission is free, with a suggested donation.
- Where/When: 7 a.m. on Saturday, April 9, in downtown Tacoma (15th Street and Pacific Avenue)
- Why Go: Looking to test the level of your fitness skills this weekend? Go sign up for the 5K run/walk put on by the YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties. It's all for a good cause, and you'll even get a T-shirt with your registration.
- Pricing: $35 on the day of the race or $30 for pre-registration. Register online here. All proceeds benefit the YMCA's Teen Late Night Program and Scholarship Fund.
- Where/When: 10:15 a.m. on Saturday, April 9, at 11th Street & Pacific Avenue in Tacoma.
- Why Go: The Grand Floral Street Parade travels through the four cities of Tacoma, Puyallup, Sumner and Orting and consists of approximately 40 floats and more than 80 other entries, including marching bands. Get there early and enjoy the parade and the festivities.
- Pricing: Free.
- Where/When: 5:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. on Saturday, April 9, at the .
- Why Go: Come out to Spash! this Saturday at the Harbor History Museum and view the stunning art exhibition put together by some of the Northwest's most prominent artists. There will be a live painting demonstration, savory bites from , wine from , handcrafted brews from and more. The featured Northwest artists include: Anne Hirondelle, Christopher Mathie, Chuck Gumpert, Georgia Gerber, Jacqueline Barnett, Kurt Solmssen and Oliver Doriss.
- Pricing: Museum members $20, non-members $30. Proceeds benefit the individual participating artists and the Harbor History Museum.
- Where/When: Saturday and Sunday at the Greater Tacoma Convention & Trade Center (1500 Broadway in Tacoma)
- Why Go: This event is a must for any diving enthusiasts out there. It's the only Dive Expo in the Pacific Northwest, and it's coming to Tacoma this weekend. There will be seminars, guest speakers, specialty vendors, a film festival and even a treasure hunt where divers will actually plunge underwater for prizes near Owen Beach in Tacoma.
- Pricing: Expo tickets are $15 for attendees. Treasure hunt registration is $35.
Still want more? Check out our family-friendly refreshed every Wednesday.