It’s Thursday, and you’ve got no idea what you’ll be doing this weekend?
Gig Harbor Patch is coming to the rescue. We’ve got the best bets for your done-work, outta-here time. Check our picks for the activities to hit and new hot spots to explore.
- Where/When: 5 p.m. - 8 p.m. on Friday, April 29 at .
- Why Go: Start your weekend off with an exclusive wine tasting and auction at the Gig Harbor Wine Studio. The event is hosted by Firefighters Crossing Borders, which is a group set up to help fire departments across Mexico and the Americas. Come taste six great wines and even enter a raffle for a chance to win a gift certificate and more wine!
- Pricing: A small donation is suggested for wine tasting. All proceeds will be donated to the Fire Fighters Crossing Borders organization.
- Where/When: 10 a.m. - 1 p.m. on Saturday, April 30 at .
- Why Go: You've probably heard of disc golf. Or you may have seen people playing it in Volunteer Park. Well, here's your chance to get a real introduction to this popular game. Join professional disc golfer and course designer, Paul Wright, for the Disc Golf Clinic. The event will cover everything from basic techniques to course layout. Still not sure if disc golf is for you? Check out this YouTube clip of some serious disc golfers in action.
- Pricing: $5 per person. No disc needed to participate.
- Where/When: 7 p.m. on Friday and Saturday at the
- Why Go: If free live music is what you're after this weekend, you won't have to travel very far. Stop by the Forza Wine Bar this Friday and Saturday for two great shows. Local favorite, Sunny, will perform on Friday night, and the Ricky Gonzales Band will be jamming away Saturday night.
- Pricing: No cover. You must be 21 and up.
- Where/When: 1 p.m. - 5 p.m. Weekly on Fridays at the Olalla Valley Farmers Market (Located next to the Olalla Bible Church Annex at 13053 Olalla Valley Rd. SE)
- Why Go: Seen all there is to see at the Gig Harbor and Fox Island markets? Or maybe you just can't make it out on Saturdays? If so, be sure to check out the new Olalla Valley Farmers Market this Friday. This is a great way to buy local from farmers, gardeners, processors, growers and artists.
- Pricing: Admission is free.
- Where/When: 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. on Saturday, April 30 at
- Why Go: If you're interested in learning how to change the oil, jump starting your car or familiarizing yourself with car terminology, go to the at Mackert Automotive this Saturday. The event is also available for high school drivers. Lunch will also be provided during the clinic. Make sure to call ahead to reserve a spot.
- Pricing: $5 registration fee will benefit the .
- Where/When: 7 p.m. on Saturday, April 30 at .
- Why Go: In the spirit of the royal wedding on Friday, Tides is throwing a good ol' fashioned, "Who can dress most like one of the Royal Family?" contest. Come dressed as your favorite member of the royal family, and if it's convincing enough, you could even win a prize. The royal wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton will take place at 3 a.m. PDT on Friday, April 29.
- Pricing: No cover.
Still want more? Check out our family-friendly refreshed every Wednesday.