It’s Thursday, and you’ve got no idea what you’ll be doing this weekend?
Gig Harbor Patch is coming to the rescue. We’ve got the best bets for your done-work, outta-here time. Check our picks for the activities to hit and new hot spots to explore.
- Where/When: 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. on Saturday, May 7 at Vaughn Civic Center, 17010 S. Vaughn Rd. KPN
- Why Go: More than 40 local organizations will be there to share information and resources. There will plenty of family-friendly activities including ' third annual Touch a Truck display with Army vehicles, tow trucks, Peninsula Light trucks and fire engines. There will also be a trout fishing pond outside.
- Pricing: Free
- Where/When: 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. on Saturday, May 7 at Park Plaza in Gig Harbor (at Hollycroft St. and Olympic Dr. NW)
- Why Go: Join Rush Companies and Spinnaker Property Management as they host Great Strides, a walk-a-thon that benefits the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. There is currently no cure for Cystic Fibrosis but with your support you can help make a difference in the lives of those affected with this genetic disease. In addition there will be a silent auction, kids activity corner and music. Need some motivation or just want an idea of what your in for? Check out this 2011 Great Strides promo video.
- Pricing: No registration fee to participate. Visit the Great Strides website to register and for more information about the event.
- Where/When: 1 p.m. - 5 p.m. on Saturday, May 7 on Harborview Drive in Downtown Gig Harbor's Waterfront District.
- Why Go: Lace up those walking shoes and get ready to enjoy some art. All you have to do is follow the red shoe banners. Be sure to stop by any of the participating galleries and pick up your Art Walk Passport to become eligible for a monthly drawing to win a $50 gift certificate from alternating galleries.
- Pricing: Free.
- Where/When: 10 a.m. - 7:30 p.m. on Saturday, May 7 at .
- Why Go: While you're enjoying the Art Walk this Saturday, be sure to stop by Gallery Row for its 22nd Anniversary shin dig. Enjoy the art demonstrations as you browse the huge tent sale for discounted art as well as artist tools and supplies. For more information about Gallery Row and its featured artists, please visit the Gallery Row website.
- Pricing: Free.
- Where/When: 1 p.m. - 8 p.m. on Saturday, May 7 at .
- Why Go: Still not convinced to check out the Art Walk? Ebb Tide is hosting an Open House/Artist Reception. This is your chance to meet the artists behind those stunning pieces you've seen on display at Ebb Tide. And to top off the event, local musician Jeff Ross will be playing solo acoustic guitar as you mingle your way through the gallery. This is one Art Walk you don't want to miss!
- Pricing: Free.
- Where/When: 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. on Saturday, May 7 at the Tacoma Power’s Mossyrock Bridge (see for shuttle details)
- Why Go: Looking for a little more outdoor adventure then the Art Walk can provide this weekend? You may want to check out this Open House at Tacoma Power's Mossyrock Dam. The views you'll witness from the top of this dam are well worth the drive out to Mossyrock. Plus, how often do you get to tell your co-workers that you stood atop the tallest dam in Washington over the weekend? Want a sneak peak of what you're in for? A quick Google Image search of "Mossyrock Dam" should get you help get you in the mood. Enjoy!
- Pricing: In exchange for an admission fee, just bring canned or boxed food items to help support the Lewis County Food Bank Coalition.
- Where/When: Two sessions: 10:30 a.m. and 2 p.m. on Saturday, May 7 at the Museum of Glass in Tacoma.
- Why Go: Here's the ultimate Mother's Day activity for all the crafty mom's out there. Join artist KéKé Cribbs as she leads a hands-on glass making experience. Participants will create a unique 9-by-7-inch glass tile using an array of fusing techniques and materials. Cribbs will also discuss the science behind fusing and micro-mosaic.
- Pricing: $150 (includes Museum admission, shipping and a 10 percent off coupon for Gallucci’s Café). Pre-registration is required; call 253-284-4713 or email email@example.com.
Still want more? Check out our family-friendly refreshed every Wednesday.