It’s Thursday and you’ve got no idea what you’ll do for the weekend.
Gig Harbor Patch is coming to the rescue. We’ve got the best bets for your done-with-work, get-me-outta-here time. Check our picks for the activities to hit and new establishments to explore.
- Where/When: 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 10 at the Nichols Community Center.
- Why Go: Come to Fox Island this Saturday and pick up some one-of-a-kind holiday gifts at the sixth annual Fox Island Holiday Gift Bazaar. You'll find handcrafted Christmas items, lavender sachets, Draxton Designs Jewelry, SuperTot little tees, Pamper Red Chef, Scentsy Wickless Candles, and more. Check the Fox Island Market website for a complete listing of the participating crafters and vendors.
- Cost: Refreshments will be available for purchase. Free parking, free admission and a huge playground for the kids. Please bring a non-perishable food item for the .
- Where/When: 8 a.m. on Saturday, Dec. 10 at .
- Why Go: Join the Safeway staff for their grand opening of the brand new store at Pt. Fosdick Square. Santa will arrive at 12 p.m. and a festive tree lighting will take place at 5 p.m. .
- Cost: Free.
- Where/When: 5 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 10 in the Gig Harbor Waterfront District.
- Why Go: Join the in the beautiful Historic Gig Harbor Waterfront District for the annual Holiday Boat Parade. All local and visiting decorated boats are invited to join the parade. Please fall in anywhere behind the lead boat and proceed around the harbor twice in a counterclockwise direction. Weather permitting, the parade will continue out of the harbor to Point Evans and return to Gig Harbor.
- Cost: Free.
- Where/When: 7:30 p.m. on Friday and Saturday, 3 p.m. on Sunday at the .
- Why Go: It's the closing weekend for Paradise Theater's production of the Charles Dicken's classic, A Christmas Carol. Go see this play before it's too late!
- Cost: $10-$22
- Where/When: 3-5 p.m. on Sunday, Dec. 11 at the .
- Why Go: Join the King of Glory Lutheran Church as they usher in the holidays with this free Christmas Concert featuring the Hometown Band on Sunday.
- Cost: Admission is free.