It’s Thursday and you’ve got no idea what you’ll do for the weekend.
Gig Harbor Patch is coming to the rescue. We’ve got the best bets for your done-with-work, get-me-outta-here time. Check our picks for the activities to hit and new establishments to explore.
- Where/When: 5-7 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 6 at .
- Why Go: Join Morso for their first tasting of 2012 this Friday evening. Enjoy a great selection of red blends from around the world: Washington, California, Australia, France and Argentina. Visit the Morso website for a complete list and prices of the featured wines.
- Cost: No tasting fee.
- Where/When: 5-6:30 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 6 at Gig Harbor campus.
- Why Go: is hosting its annual Legislative Reception with Washington State Legislators from the 26th District. This is your chance to meet and ask questions with our communities law makers.
- Cost: There is no cost to attend the reception, but reservations are requested to accommodate food and beverage needs. You may RSVP to the Chamber at 253-851-6865 or by email to email@example.com.
- Where/When: 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, Jan. 7 at
- Why Go: Great Communities Support Great Schools is sponsoring the annual kickoff rally in support of the upcoming Replacement Educational Programs and Operations Levy in the February election. The event will be showing "We Bought a Zoo" starring Matt Damon.
- Cost: Free
- Where/When: 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. on Saturday, Jan. 7 at the Nichols Community Center.
- Why Go: Drop by Fox Island and spend the day at the Fabulous Fox Island Market! Browse from thousands hand crafted and unique items from quality vendors.
- Cost: Free parking, free admission and a HUGE playground for the kids! Please bring a non-perishable food item for the Peninsula FISH Food Bank.
- Where/When: 4-7 p.m. on Saturday, Jan. 7 at The Art Space Gallery.
- Why Go: Join the Art Space Gallery this Saturday for a wine and cheese reception on the first Saturday of every month. Oils, dyes and music artist, Ann Stockdale is this month's featured artist.
- Cost: Free.
- Where/When: 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. on Saturday, Jan. 7 at the .
- Why Go: If you've never toured the Boat Shop, you're missing out. Come out this weekend and see the birthplace of the Thunderbird Sailboat and much more. Tours are usually held every Saturday. Enjoy!
- Pricing: Free.