It’s Thursday, and you have no idea what you’ll do for the weekend.
Gig Harbor Patch is coming to the rescue. We have the best bets for your done-with-work, outta-here time. Check our picks for the activities to hit and new bars, restaurants and shops to explore.
- Where/When: 1 p.m. - 5 p.m. on Saturday, July 2 on Harborview Drive in Downtown Gig Harbor's Waterfront District.
- Why Go: Lace up those walking shoes and get ready to enjoy some art. All you have to do is follow the Red Shoe banners. Be sure to stop by any of the participating galleries and pick up your Art Walk Passport to enter a monthly drawing to win a $50 gift certificate from alternating galleries.
- Cost: Free.
- Where/When: 1 p.m. - 5 p.m. Saturday, July 2 at .
- Why Go: During the art walk this Saturday, Dog House Designs is one destination you shouldn't miss. Artist Jennifer Blooms will be on site to answer any question you may have about her stunning collection. Curious about what you'll see? Visit Blooms website to view some of her work.
- Cost: Free.
- Where/When: Rentals are available daily at .
- Why Go: Saturday's weather forecast is calling for one of the nicest days we've seen this year. So take advantage of the warm weather while it's here and get out on the water. Stand-up paddle boards, kayaks, canoes, paddle boats and even power boats are all available for rent by the hour. Not sure if your ready to hit the water on your own? Check out the lessons and guided tours Rent-A-Boat offers.
- Cost: Prices vary by rental type, check out detailed pricing here.
- Where/When: 6 p.m. Saturday, July 2 at Tommy C's Sports Bar & Grill in Port Orchard.
- Why Go: Can't wait until the July 4 to see some fireworks? Ultimate Fighting Championship 132 should have plenty in store for you this Saturday. The bar will be playing the match on its multiple flat-screen TV. the main event, Bantamweight Champion Dominick Cruz will defend his title against former WEC Featherweight champ Urijah Faber. Also on the fight card, local favorite Jeff Hougland is set to make his UFC debut. Check out Patch's coverage of Hougland here.
- Cost: No cover.
- Where/When: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. through Sunday, July 3 at the .
- Why Go: This weekend will be your last chance to view the GigFest Maritime Exhibition at the History Museum. This juried art exhibit showcases Pacific Northwest maritime artists including Austin Dwyer. Check out some of Dwyer's work here to get an idea of what you're in for.
- Cost: Members, Free; Adults, $6; Ages 7-17, $4; Ages 6 and under, free.
Still want more? Check out our family-friendly refreshed every Wednesday.