Mark your calendars, everyone. September is going to be another busy month as Gig Harbor is set to host several events. Here’s the lineup of events:
- Sept. 1: Third Annual Over the Narrows 10 mile Run at 8 a.m. and a new 5K at 9 a.m. A day of fitness and fun for running enthusiasts and the entire family!
- Sept. 15: Harbor Hounds Walk the Town – bring your pooch and enjoy the 10th annual dog walk in the harbor from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. Registration required.
- Sept. 15 and 16: Open Studio Tour 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Since 1993 artist open their private studios to the public.
- Sept. 15 – Jan. 20: presents, “NW x SE: A Collective Small Tapestries Project of Northwest and Southeast Weavers”.
- Sept. 23: Race for a Soldier Half Marathon – support this amazing event that helps soldiers give themselves “Permission To Start Dreaming”. 8 a.m. start time.
- Sept. 29: Glass Pumpkin Patch, , 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. featuring 2000 hand blown glass pumpkins crafted by local artisans.
- Sept. 29: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. – celebrating the 6th annual event, at a new location (Skansie Brothers Park), the Chum Fest celebrates the salmon, our fishing heritage, and the environment.
- Entire month of September: Gig Harbor Farmers Market.
If you have events coming up in your neighborhood, feel free to add them to the Patch calendar. Here are .
For more information about the events, go to www.gigharborguide.com.