The annual Garden Tour is back to Gig Harbor this weekend. This year, the event is celebrating a major milestone of 15 years with some added incentive and gardening glam:
- Seven Stunning Gardens all with a unique take on Northwest Gardening
- New Garden Tour Poster and Gardening with the Moon Calendar to be offered
- Featured speaker Cass Turnbull, well known for founding “Plant Amnesty” will present on Friday, June 29, at the at 7 p.m.
- Featured speaker Sue Goetz (The Creative Gardener) will speak on Sunday, July 1, at 2 p.m. at . Free for ticket holders, Sue’s topic is “Herb Garden Favorites”.
- Adirondack Chair auction, now in its 6th year, has a new twist, with 6 chairs being designed by local high school art students, and one by a professional artist
- Tickets go on sale on-line, June 1. When you purchase your ticket on-line you will receive via mail the program, which will serve as your ticket. You no longer will need to check in to pick up your program the morning of the tour.
- There will be ‘artists in the garden’s’ this year, thanks to the Peninsula Art League
- Tickets will now be sold at a variety of local nurseries and retailers for immediate pick up June 1. See the entire list on the website www.gigharborgardentour.com
All of the profits from this event go to literacy programs in the Gig Harbor and Key Peninsula area. The Gig Harbor Garden Tour is an all-volunteer organization.
Gig Harbor Garden Tour
When: Saturday, June 30, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday, July 1, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Cost: $25 per ticket; $20 for groups of 10 or more. Tickets purchased after June 25 will need to be picked up at the .
Attire: This is a self-guided tour of gardens so make sure to wear your walking shoes.