Gig Harbor will be decking the halls (and the light poles and the parks) mid-month in preparation for a full calendar of holiday events in this beautiful waterfront community in South Puget Sound.
From the first week of November through the last week of December, Gig Harbor is home to dozens of events, festivals, performances and much more in keeping with the holiday traditions.
Some annual favorites include:
- Nov. 10: Fifth Annual Winter Warm-Up Crafts Fair & Chili Cook-Off; 10 a.m.-4 p.m. at Key Peninsula Civic Center
- Nov. 15:Tea and Tour at the Harbor History Museum with a look at Gig Harbor’s former holly industry; 2-3 p.m. at Harbor History Museum
- Nov. 15: Gig Harbor Girls Night Out; 12-9 p.m. at downtown Gig Harbor
- Nov. 18-24: Annual Gingerbread House Silent Auction at The INN at Gig Harbor
- Nov. 22: Gig Harbor Turkey Trot 5K and 10K; 8 a.m. at Skansie Brothers Park
- Nov. 23-Dec. 9: Paradise Theatre presents “Oliver”; times vary
- Nov. 24-25: Winterfest; 8 a.m.-5 p.m. at Peninsula High School
- Dec. 1: Gig Harbor Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony and arrival of Santa Claus; 5 p.m. at Skansie Brothers Park
- Dec. 1: Pen Met Parks Presents Breakfast With Santa; 9-11 a.m. at Boys & Girls Clubs of South Puget Sound
- Dec. 6: Hark the Harbor community caroling event; 7:30-8:30 p.m. at Skansie Brothers Park
- Dec. 7-9: Candlelight Christmas in the Harbor; Downtown Gig Harbor
- Dec. 8: Altrusa Harborfest Holiday Tour of Homes; 10 a.m.-5 p.m. at Boys & Girls Clubs of South Puget Sound
- Dec. 11: Annual Menorah Lighting; 6 p.m. at Uptown Gig Harbor
- Dec. 15: Gig Harbor Lighted Boat Parade; 6-9 p.m. at Gig Harbor Bay
- Dec. 19: Annual Ugly Christmas Sweater contest; 8 p.m. at Tides Tavern
- Dec. 31: New Years Eve Celebration; at Morso
For more information on the events, visit www.gigharborguide.com.
Information provided by City of Gig Harbor.