The annual Thanksgiving Basket Brigade is back in Gig Harbor, and it’s not too late for the community to chip in.
The event, in its 19th year, is happening on Nov. 20 and 21.
Through Sunday, Nov. 18, when you spend $50 at Albertsons you can donate a turkey (up to 14 lbs.) to the Gig Harbor Thanksgiving Basket Brigade for only $7, according to the Basket Brigade website. You can also pay $9 to donate a larger turkey.
Just tell the cashier “I want to Donate a Turkey to the Basket Brigade”, and the store will keep it in the freezer for the Basket Brigade to pick up next week.
Here are some other ways you can help make sure every family gets a warm meal this Thanksgiving:
- Donate food; boxed and canned goods, baby food and formula (Click here for list of items needed)
- Volunteering time to help families in need
- Give monetary donation to help with basket preparation and delivery
- Help procure food (need some trucks)
- Sort and stage food for baskets
- Assemble baskets
- Deliver baskets
If you’d like to help assemble the baskets, just show up at 11:30 a.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 21 at the airport, Building 1402, Hanger 3.
For more information, visit the Gig Harbor Basket Brigade website or contact David Cathers at 253-265-6362.
Checks can be made payable to the “Basket Brigade”.
c/o David Cathers
5500 Olympic Dr.
Suite H105, PMB 217
Gig Harbor, WA 98335