Night closures of eastbound State Route 16 will occur again this week while crews work on lighting systems as part of the Washington State Department of Transportation’s SR 16: Eastbound Nalley Valley project.
Next week’s closures are scheduled as follows:
11 p.m. Tuesday, and Wednesday, until 4 a.m. each following morning
- All lanes of eastbound SR 16 at South Union Avenue
- South Union Avenue on-ramp to eastbound SR 16
- Eastbound SR 16 exit to Sprague Avenue
- 10 p.m. - Sprague Avenue on-ramp to westbound SR 16. Will reopen 6 a.m. Friday.
- 11 p.m. - Eastbound SR 16 exit to Sprague Avenue. Will reopen 4 a.m. Friday.
12:01 a.m. to 7 a.m. Saturday
- Sprague Avenue on-ramp to westbound SR 16.
Signed detours will be posted for all the above closures.
For more information about Nalley Valley construction, motorists can visit WSDOT’s SR 16 Eastbound Nalley Valley project website. Information about highway closures around the South Sound can be found at tacomatraffic.com.