Join the at this Saturday, May 19, for the historic re-launch of Pirouette – the restored Thunderbird sailboat hull #2.
The sailboat, which has been restored by volunteers at the Gig Harbor BoatShop, will float off its cradle mid to late afternoon as part of an all-day celebration at the historic Eddon Boatyard.
The community celebration begins at 10 a.m. and includes a day full of maritime skill demonstrations, children’s activities, food and fun.
Want to be one of the first to sail on the Pirouette? Raffle tickets for the chance will be available for $5.
Here’s the schedule for the day:
- 11 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. Knot Demonstrations
- 2 p.m. Arrival of the Thunderbird Boats
- Later Afternoon Pirouette Launch
- 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. Balloon Artist Mr. Mokey
- All Day Lil’ Merc Airstream Café
- All Day Small Boat Building Demonstration
- All Day Children’s Boat Building Activity
Join the fun and learn more about the Gig Harbor BoatShop at www.gigharborboatshop.org.