Information provided by the City of Gig Harbor.
The , along with its sponsors and , once again present The Beatniks as part of the . The Beatniks will rock the harbor on Tuesday, July 24, from 6:30 p.m.-8 p.m.
With more than 4,000 people expected to attend, Harborview Drive, from Pioneer to Rosedale will close at 4 p.m. on Tuesday, July 24. Traffic will be re-routed until approximately 9:30 p.m.
If you’re attending the concert, here are some things to keep in mind:
- Chairs may be placed in the park after 7 a.m. on Tuesday July 24 – no ropes or ties are allowed around your chairs
- No umbrellas or canopies will be allowed
- Harborview Drive will close at 4 p.m. so plan ahead
- Gig Harbor Parks are non-smoking
- It is advised to leave pets at home
Event organizers are asking attendees to allow plenty of time to get to the concert and bring patience and appetite. Local restaurants will also be on site taking orders and delivering food to the park. Attendees are encouraged to take advantage of this service and support our local businesses.