PenMet Parks is hosting its third annual Scarecrow Festival this Saturday, Oct. 6. The event kicks off at 10 a.m. and goes through until 4 p.m. at Sehmel Homestead Park.
Check out photos from last year's event.
Expect plenty of food and activities for you and your family. The National Weather Service is predicting sunshine with a high of 65 degrees.
Here's the schedule of events so you can map out your day:
Scarecrow Contest and Display: Community groups, families and businesses compete for prize money. Winners will be announced at 3 p.m.
Fun Runs Sponsored by Route 16
- 9:15 a.m. Kids Dash - Free
- 9:30 a.m. 1 Mile Youth Run
- 10a.m. Scarecrow Dirt Dash 5k run (Click here to register online)
- 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. Eric Haines – MC and Entertainer
- 11:15 a.m. - 12 p.m. Performer Eric Haines -Juggler, comedy, one man band
- 12p.m. - 1 p.m. Leapin Louie – Western comedy, trick rope and whip cracking
- 2 p.m. - 3 p.m. Cowboy Buck and Elizabeth – Interactive musical comedy
- 3 p.m. Scarecrow Contest Winner Announcement
12 p.m. & 1 p.m. PenMet Family Theater presents: “The Wizard’s Spell”. A group of friends are in the shock of their lives when they stumble into the spooky Hidden Valley. Fun Theater Games for all after the performance!
- Scarecrow Displays & Contest
- Carnival Games, Hay Maze, & Laser Tag (10 a.m. – 4 p.m.) - Free
- Pumpkin Launcher (Three pumpkins for $5 to benefit the PenMet Youth Scholarship Fund)
- Hay Rides (11 a.m. - 4 p.m.) - Free
- Pony Rides (11 a.m. - 4 p.m.) $5/ride
- Farm Animal Petting Zoo (11 a.m. - 4 p.m.) - Free
- Local Vendors, Food and Fair Treat Vendors