It’s Friday, and you’ve got no idea what you’ll do for the weekend.
Patch is coming to the rescue. We’ve got the best bets for your done-work, outta-here time. Check our picks for the activities to hit and new bars/restaurants/shops to explore.
- Where/When: 7:30 p.m. on Friday and Saturday, 3 p.m. on Sunday at .
- Why Go: Join Paradise Theatre for the opening weekend of its newest production, "Sweet Charity". This play is packed with comedy and wonderful music numbers. Catch the show on opening night and be the first of your friends to see it!
- Cost: Tickets range between $10 and $22.
- Where/When: 4 p.m. on Friday, March 2, at Gig Harbor Pierce County Library.
- Why Go: Come celebrate Dr. Seuss's birthday with the Companionship, which is a nonprofit, grant-funded program through Pierce County Parks & Recreation and Peninsula School district. There will be games, story and snack time and even meet-and-greet with the famous Cat in the Hat.
- Cost: Free.
- Where/When: 9:45 a.m. on Saturday and Sunday, March 3-4, at the Grand Cinema in Tacoma.
- Why Go: Come to the Grand Cinema to view this film brought to life in Gig Harbor.
- Cost: $10. A limited number of tickets are available. To purchase tickets go to www.beautifulbritbaker.eventbrite.com
- Where/When: Saturday, March 3, at the .
- Why Go: Think you have what it takes to be a star? Join the local Kiwanis Club for their fourth annual Gig Harbor Kiwanis Star Search. The performers are selected through four auditions, and finalists will perform and compete on stage for a $500 prize.
- Cost: For an audition date, call Jeni Mallory at 253-691-7085. Performers must be of amateur status and be 16 years old or older.
- Where/When: 10 a.m.-4 p.m. on Saturday, March 3, at the .
- Why Go: Drop by Fox Island and spend the day at the Fabulous Fox Island Market! Browse from thousands hand-crafted and unique items from quality vendors.
- Cost: Free parking, free admission and a HUGE playground for the kids! Please bring a non-perishable food item for the .
- Where/When: 1-4 p.m. on Sunday, March 4, at .
- Why Go: Learn how to protect, preserve and appreciate Gig Harbor and Key Peninsula’s natural wonders through this free class. Participants will explore the environment and learn about the connection between our behavior and local water issues.
- Cost: Free.