The holidays are upon us and this is the week that Gig Harbor starts to get into the spirit of them. Starting today, the city will be decking the halls — and the light poles and park — in preparation for a full calendar of holiday events.
Get ready to mark your calendars. Here's a list of how you can celebrate the holidays right here in your own hometown.
- Peninsula High School's annual Winterfest — Nov. 26 and 27.
- Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol — Nov. 25 to Dec. 11.
- Gig Harbor Tree Lighting and arrival of Santa at Skansie Brothers Park starts at 5 p.m. — Dec. 3.
- Hark the Harbor Caroling — Dec. 6.
- The Living Nativity at Discovery Baptist Church — Dec. 3 and 4.
- Candlelight Christmas in the Harbor Dec. 9 to 11.
- Gig Harbor Lighted Boat Parade — Dec. 10.
- Holiday Tour of Homes — Dec. 10.
- Menorah Lighting at Uptown — Dec. 22.
Details on these holiday events and many more in Gig Harbor can be found at www.gigharborguide.com.