Good thing malls, warehouses and department stores are all covered.
Otherwise, Christmas shoppers would be spending much of their weekend in the rain.
Gig Harbor and other parts of Puget Sound are in for a wet weekend, according to the National Weather Service. Here is the forecast:
- Tonight Rain likely after 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 38. Calm wind becoming south southeast around 5 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 60 percent.
- Saturday Rain. High near 42. Breezy, with a south southwest wind 9 to 14 mph increasing to 20 to 25 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 39 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90 percent.
- Saturday Night Showers. Low around 38. Breezy, with a south wind 18 to 23 mph decreasing to 6 to 11 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 34 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80 percent.
- Sunday Showers likely. Cloudy, with a high near 44. South southeast wind 9 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70 percent.
- Sunday Night Rain. Low around 40. Chance of precipitation is 90 percent.
- Monday Rain. High near 45. Breezy. Chance of precipitation is 100 percent.