It’s Thursday, and you’ve got no idea what you’ll do for the weekend.
Gig Harbor Patch is coming to the rescue. We’ve got the best bets for your done-work, outta-here time. Check our picks for the activities to hit and new bars/restaurants/shops to explore.
- Where/When: 1 p.m. - 5 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 5 in Gig Harbor's Waterfront District.
- Why Go: Lace up those walking shoes and get ready to enjoy some art. All you have to do is follow the Red Shoe banners. Be sure to stop by any of the participating galleries and pick up your Art Walk Passport to enter a monthly drawing to win a $50 gift certificate from alternating galleries.
- Pricing: Free.
- Where/When: 4-7 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 5 at in Gig Harbor.
- Why Go: During the First Saturday Art Walk be sure to stop by The Art Space at Backbone’s Opening Reception of Emily Maxson Porter’s new solo exhibit. Porter specializes in Acrylic and Watercolor Paintings. Come and meet the artist, enjoy hor d'oevres and a fine wine and cheese pairings.
- Pricing: Free. A percentage of all sales are donated to charity.
- Where/When: 5-8 p.m. on Friday, 10 a.m. - 7 p.m. on Saturday, 11 a.m. - 5 p.m. on Sunday at in Gig Harbor.
- Why Go: Join the Garden Room at Uptown for their Holiday Open House this weekend. Enjoy some warm apple cider, while you indulge in the wonderful smells and sites of autumn and winter. Get great ideas for holiday decorating and entertaining.
- Pricing: Free.
- Where/When: 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 5 at the Nichols Community Center on Fox Island, 690 9th Ave. Fi.
- Why Go: The farmer’s markets at Up Town and Skansie Brothers Park are done for the season, but you can still buy local and help support our own crafter's and artists at the Fox Island Market this Saturday. There will be more than 40 local vendors on site selling all your favorites and more.
- Pricing: Admission is free.
- Where/When: 9 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 5 at in Gig Harbor.
- Why Go: The and Galaxy Theatre have joined forces to help raise money for the Jaycox Gig Harbor Police Benevolent Fund by offering $2 family movies every Saturday through Dec. 10. This week's featured film is the hilarious, family-friendly film Ice Age 2. Enjoy the show!
- Cost: Tickets are $2.