It’s Thursday, and you’ve got no idea what you’ll do for the weekend.Gig Harbor Patch is coming to the rescue. We’ve got the best bets for your done-work, outta-here time. Check our picks for the activities to hit and new bars/restaurants/shops to explore.
- Where/When: 7:30 p.m. on Friday and Sunday, 3 p.m. on Sunday at .
- Why Go: Join Paradise Theatre this weekend as they present their newest production, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. This adaptation of the classic Ken Kesey's Novel is recommended for mature audiences and runs through Feb. 5. Enjoy the show!
- Cost: Tickets range between $10 and $22.
- Where/When: 4 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 27 at Blend Wine Shop.
- Why Go: Visit Blend Wine Shop this Friday as they welcome Dana Madsen, owner and wine maker of Madsen Family Cellars to Blend for the very first time. Come and taste the great wines from this local Washington winery.
- Cost: No tasting fee.
- Where/When: 6-9 p.m. on Saturday, Jan. 28 at .
- Why Go: Come to Bella Kitchen Essentials this Saturday and learn how to make sushi at home. The class will focus on the cooking techniques for soft shell crab and tempura shrimp and vegetables with our advanced rolling techniques.
- Cost: $79. Register online here. There are limited spots available.
Where/When: All day on Saturday, Jan. 28 and Sunday, Jan. 29 at
Why Go: The Steppin' Up Women's Conference is celebrating its sixth year with the theme, "Mind, Body, Spirit: A Happier You". This women’s conference is to encourage and inspire your life and the life of others. Don’t miss your opportunity to sponsor a weekend of inspiring speakers and invaluable life lessons. The conference is a great opportunity to reach women in the South Sound, attracting over 125 women from the surrounding area.
Cost: $50. All proceeds from the conference go toward building a local home for foster children, the Homestead at Alder Cove.
Where/When: 6:30 p.m. on Saturday, Jan. 28 at .
Why Go: Come check out some live music as our talented local musicians take the stage for the inaugural Battle of the Bands. All of the musicians performing on Saturday are ages 14-18, and the three bands include: , 3L3R and Euphoria. Come cheer on your favorite group as they compete for the grand prize: a 3-song demo CD recording session at Pacific Studios in Tacoma.
Cost: $5 each at the door. All proceeds to benefit the Cheney Family Boys & Girls Club.
- Where/When: 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. on Saturday, Jan. 28 at .
- Why Go: Check out this rummage and bake sale going on at Peninsula Retirement this Saturday. Pick up some tasting treats from the bake sale then browse the rummage sale for furniture, dishes, art, collectibles, clothes, and more. Proceeds from the sales benefit resident enrichment as well as local organizations supported by the GH Fortnightly Club.
- Cost: Admission is free.
- Where/When: 3 p.m. on Sunday, Jan. 29 at .
- Why Go: This Sunday, the public is warmly invited to a free winter concert performed by the Peninsula Youth Orchestra. The concert will feature four orchestras, each ranging in skill level from beginners to advanced.
- Cost: Free.