It’s Friday, and you’ve got no idea what you’ll do for the weekend.
Patch is coming to the rescue. We’ve got the best bets for your done-work, outta-here time. Check our picks for the activities to hit and new bars/restaurants/shops to explore.
- Where/When: 7:30 p.m. on Friday, March 9, at the .
- Why Go: Join the Fox Island Community & Recreation Association this Friday as it welcomes the world-renowned Magical Strings to the Nichols Community Center for what’s sure to be an unforgettable performance. Check out this YouTube clip of Magical Stings in action so you’ll know what you’re in for.
- Cost: Tickets are $15.
- Where/When: 7 p.m. on Saturday, March 10, at the Key Peninsula Civic Center.
- Why Go: Join the Two Waters Arts Alliance this Saturday for a juried art show, student art show, live painters demo and silent auction at the KP Civic Center. Proceeds from the event benefit art programs at the Key Peninsula area schools.
- Cost: Tickets are $30. Tickets are available at Sunnycrest Nursery, Blend Wine Shop and at the KP Civic Center.
- Where/When: 10 a.m.-12 p.m. on Saturday, March 10, at .
- Why Go: Help Gig Harbor win the fight against breast cancer in this walk on Saturday at the Gig Harbor High School track. The walk benefits the Susan G. Komen For The Cure Foundation and is a Gig Harbor High School student senior project.
- Cost: The recommended minimum donation is $5 for students/children and $10 for adults. Include your name on the “team honor roll” to participate at: www.info-komen.org/goto/GHvsBC
- Where/When: 7 p.m. on Saturday, March 10, at .
- Why Go: Join the Gig Harbor Peninsula Symphony Orchestra this Saturday for their season ending concert. The concert will feature performances by Duo Rubicund, Erica Coutsouridis and Meredith Connie. Enjoy the show!
- Cost: Free.
- Where/When: 12-8 p.m. on Friday, 10 a.m.-8 p.m. on Saturday and 11 a.m.-5 p.m. on Sunday at the Greater Tacoma Convention & Trade Center.
- Why Go: Homeowners interested in remodeling can gather information and make all the connections they’ll need this weekend during the Tacoma Remodeling Expo. More than 250 vendors will be on site with their products and expertise in virtually all aspects of home remodeling.
- Cost: $5 adults, children under 18 free.