It’s Thursday afternoon, and you’ve got no idea what you’ll do for the weekend.
Patch is coming to the rescue. We’ve got the best bets for your done-work, outta-here time. Check our picks for the activities to hit and new bars/restaurants/shops to explore.
- When/Where: 6:30 p.m. Friday, April 13, at Fox Island Alliance Church, 655 6th Ave. Fi.
- Why Go: Fox Island Alliance Church is hosting a free movie night. There will be free popcorn and candy, and all ages are welcome. (Children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult.) Please call Sarah Larsen at 253-549-2831 to find out which movie is playing.
- Pricing: Free
- Where/When: 7:30 p.m. on Friday and Saturday and 3 p.m. on Sunday, April 13-15, at .
- Why Go: Join Paradise Theatre this weekend for the opening of their newest production, Guys and Dolls. Paradise Theatre always puts on a great show and this should be no different.
- Cost: Tickets range between $10 and $22.
- Where/When: 7 p.m. on Friday and Saturday, April 13-14, at .
- Why Go: Come get your music fix every Friday and Saturday night at Harbor Greens Wine Bar located next door to Harbor Greens, in the Forza coffee shop. The Shy Boys will be performing on Friday and Saturday night. Check out this YouTube clip of a previous performance at Harbor Greens to see if this show is for you.
- Cost: No cover. 21 and over show.
- Where/When: 10 a.m. Saturday, April 14, at (meet in the Pavillion).
- Why Go: Learn the basics, benefits, and how to maintain a healthy compost pile this Saturday. One of Pierce County's environmental educators will teach you everything you need to know to get your own pile started or tips on how to make your current pile more productive.
- Cost: Free.
- Where/When: 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday, April 14, at the .
- Why Go: Join local plant expert Clay Antieau, a botanist, horticulturist and environmental scientist, for a free workshop on how to better manage weeds by understanding invasive species from an ecological standpoint.
- Cost: Free. Registration is recommended, as space is limited. Please contact Renee Johnson at email@example.com or 360-337-7157 to register.
- Where/When: 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday, Apil 14, at the.
- Why Go: Drop by Fox Island and spend the day at the Fabulous Fox Island Market! Browse thousands of hand-crafted and unique items from quality vendors. Visit the Fabulous Fox Island Market website for details on vendors, classes, demos and entertainment.
- Cost: Free parking, free admission and a HUGE playground for the kids! Please bring a non-perishable food item for the.