The Seahawks enter their bye-week with a 6-4 record and sitting second in the NFC West. The two things that were being talked about at the start of the season was who would be the starting quarterback and how good would the Seahawks defense play.
The Seahawks defense is ranked 11th overall in the league and fourth in points allowed with an average of 16.1 per game. The Hawks D has shut down other teams passing games and have been improving their run defense as the season progresses. Richard Sherman is leading the team in interceptions and with smack talking. If there is one thing I would like to see them improve on is stopping third down conversions.
I wasn't to sure when Pete went with Russell Wilson as starting QB but I trusted his decision. Then after the first four games when they were 2-2 I was ready to play "Let's Make a Deal" and see what was behind curtain number 2 with Matt Flynn. I wanted to see if Matt could get the passing game going or if he would turn out to be a zonk.
Wilson has improved his passing game and I am amazed how accurate his passes have been. He has had 8 interceptions and 5 fumbles in 10 games and at least 2 of those interceptions in my opinion where caused by the receiver muffing the catch. In there game last Sunday against the Jets, I liked the designed run plays called for Wilson. Russell needs to protect the ball better when pressure is applied and not give up big sack yards.
Seahawks have 6 games left with 3 on the road and 3 at home. All 3 home games are against NFC West opponents. There 3 road games are at Miami, Chicago and Buffalo with that game being played in Toronto. They have a chance to win 5 of their last 6 games. Their loss may come at Chicago but with Cutler going out with a concussion that could change their offense.
I like their chances of making the playoffs. Once in the playoffs the Seahawks defense will come up big and as long as the offense doesn't make mistakes they can go far.
Some early season highlights:
* Seahawks sack Aaron Rodgers 8 times
* Golden Tate's TD catch/non-catch for the win against Green Bay (the call help to end the NFL referee lockout.)
* The Seahawks defense shutting out the Jets, with the only touchdown coming off an interception return by the Jets defense
* The last minute go ahead 46-yard touchdown pass to a wide open Sidney Rice for the win over New England
* Marshawn Lynch is second in the league in rushing and is already over 1,000 yards on the season with 6 games left to play
* Golden Tate throws his first touchdown pass for 23-yards to Sidney Rice in the Jets game
Here is a fun You Tube video, I call her Mini Beast Mode: