It’s Thursday, and you’ve got no idea what you’ll be doing this weekend?
Gig Harbor Patch is coming to the rescue. We’ve got the best bets for your done-work, outta-here time. Check our picks for the activities to hit and new hot spots to explore.
- Where/When: 6:30 p.m. Friday, May 20 at .
- Why Go: Start your weekend with this Winemaker's Dinner on Friday at Morso. You'll enjoy a traditional Italian meal along with the fine wines from the Italian winery powerhouse, Cantele. Take a look at our for a complete dinner menu including each meal's pairing wine.
- Pricing: $59.00 per person. Reservations required.
- Where/When: The on Friday from 1 p.m. - 5 p.m. or the on Saturday from 8:30 a.m. - 2p.m.
- Why Go: Looking to buy local this weekend? Try the Olalla Valley Farmers Market on Friday. They'll have all your favorite locally grown fruits, vegetables and fresh cut flowers. Or, if you can't get out on Friday there's always the Gig Harbor Farmers Market on Saturday. Local musician Kel Schmitz will even be on hand from 11 p.m. - 1 p.m.
- Pricing: Admission is free.
- Where/When: 11 a.m. Saturday, May 21 at the .
- Why Go: Here's your chance to meet award-winning children's author, Peg Kehret. Join Kehret as she talks about her writing and her books. Be sure to stick around after the discussion and get your books signed.
- Pricing: Free.
- Where/When: Saturday and Sunday at the by appointment.
- Why Go: If you've ever aspired for a career on the stage, this might just be the perfect way to get your feet wet. The PenMet Family Theater is casting several parts for children, youths and adults for their production of The Wonderful Wizard of Oz. So get that singing voice ready, study those monologues and break a leg.
- Pricing: Free. Additions will be held by appointment only, call Kathleen McGilliard at 253-851-1630 to schedule your appointment.
- Where/When: 9 p.m. Saturday, May 21 at .
- Why Go: If you're in the mood for live music this Saturday, you won't have to go very far to see it. Local band Moose Knuckle will be performing at the Halftime Sports Saloon all night long. Not sure what to expect? Check out this YouTube clip of Moose Knuckle in action.
- Pricing: No cover.
- Where/When: 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. Saturday, May 21 at Gig Harbor Grange, 6001 Artondale Dr. NW.
- Why Go: Grab your friends and head to the Gig Harbor Grange for some Saturday shopping spree. Most items, including jackets, coats, shoes and jewelries, will be priced around $8. The event is also collecting donations for the Gig Harbor Orthopedic Guild supporting Mary Bridge Children's Hospital & Health Center. There's also a from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Pricing: Free to attend.
- Where/When: 3 p.m. Sunday, May 22 at
- Why Go: The The Chapel Ringers of Chapel Hill Church are celebrating its 30th anniversary of handbells. The concert will take place in the sanctuary at Chapel Hill. Make sure to stick around afterward for some strawberry shortcake dessert!
- Pricing: Free.
Still want more? Check out our family-friendly refreshed every Wednesday.