It’s Thursday, and you’ve got no idea what you’ll be doing this weekend?
Gig Harbor Patch is coming to the rescue. We’ve got the best bets for your done-work, outta-here time. Check our picks for the activities to hit and new hot spots to explore.
- Where/When: 7 p.m. - 10 p.m. on Friday, May 27 at Nichols Community Center on Fox Island.
- Why Go: Love "game night" but need a few more players to make it worth while? Stop by the Nichols Community Center this Friday evening for the Fox Island Community & Recreation Association Adult Game Night. You'll be able to join in on games of Bridge, Scrabble, Bunco, Mah Jongg, Pinochle and more!
- Pricing: Free.
- Where/When: 6 p.m. - 8 p.m. on Friday, May 27 at .
- Why Go: Start your weekend off by checking out the brand new art exhibit at . Renowned photographer, Ed Kenney, will be on site for you to meet and to answer any questions about his stunning collection. If you've never heard of Ed Kenney or if you're not quite sure what to expect, you can view Ed’s collection of work at his website.
- Pricing: Free.
- Where/When: 7 p.m. on Saturday, May 28 at .
- Why Go: Come out to Harbor Greens this Saturday and enjoy some of the biggest hits of modern country music, complete with big harmonies, rippin' guitar solos and a down-home feel. Want a sneak peak of The Dark Horses in action? Check out this Youtube clip of them performing at the Wine Bar earlier this year.
- Pricing: No cover.
- Where/When: 12:30 p.m. - 11 p.m. on Saturday, May 28 at the Freighthouse Square in Tacoma.
- Why Go: For any jazz or blues fans out there, this event is huge. The festival will have three separate stages with a plethora of northwest jazz and blues musicians performing all day long. Tacoma's own Jerry Miller and Rich Wetzel’s Groovin Higher Jazz Orchestra will highlight what's sure to be an amazing day for the Northwest fans.
- Pricing: The event is free, but donations will be gladly accepted. To learn more about how to donate visit the festival's website.
- Where/When: 10 a.m. on Saturday, May 28 at .
- Why Go: Help kick-off Gig Harbor's annual Healthy Harbor campaign this Saturday at the Gig Harbor Street Scramble. This “treasure hunt” throughout the community is the largest Street Scramble in North America and the only free Street Scramble in the greater Puget Sound region!
- You'll get a map with 30 locations to visit in 90 minutes on foot or bike, individually or as a team. If 90 minutes seems a little speedy for you, sign up for the three hour Scramble and take your time. During the event, be sure to check out the healthy lifestyle information booths along the way.
- Pricing: The event is free, but pre-registration is encouraged for the Street Scramble. The first 200 to pre-register receive a T-shirt. Registration will also be available at the event, but T-shirts won't be guaranteed.
- Where/When: 3 p.m. - 8 p.m. Sat, May 28 at the Pub at Piper's Creek in Seattle.
- Why Go: If you fancy yourself a beer game champion, and you're looking to get out of town this weekend, you may want to check out the Can-Tathalon Beer Olympics this Saturday in Seattle. Sign up and compete in several beer drinking events. Plus, while you're there, be sure to visit Gig Harbor's very own booth. They'll be pouring a selection of three different proper pints on draft.
- Pricing: To sign up your team please contact Carlo or Michael at The Pub at Piper's Creek at 206-417-5734.
Still want more? Check out our family-friendly refreshed every Wednesday.