It’s Thursday, and you’ve got no idea what you’ll be doing this weekend?
Gig Harbor Patch is coming to the rescue. We’ve got the best bets for your done-work, outta-here time. Check our picks for the activities to hit and new hot spots to explore.
- Where/When: 5 p.m. - 7 p.m. Friday, June 17 at .
- Why Go: Start your weekend off by tasting some truly amazing wine. Morso will be pouring six Oregon Pinot Noir wines, four of which are the 2008 vintage wines that Wine Spectator Magazine identified as the "best wine in a decade". The featured wines include Stoller 2008 JV, Stuart 2009 Big Fire, Phelps Creek 2008, Lemelson 2008 Thea's Selection, R. Stuart 2008 Autograph and the Belle Pente 2006 Estate Reserve.
- Pricing: No tasting fee. Receive 20 percent off a case purchase of any featured wine.
- Where/When: Saturday, June 18 at the .
- Why Go: Help the Float celebrate their five years of floatastic fun this Saturday night. They'll have drink and food specials all night long as well as live music by local favorites, Knucklehead.
- Pricing: No cover.
- Where/When: Friday and Sunday at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday at 3 p.m. at .
- Why Go: Join Paradise Theatre for the opening weekend of its new production, Grease. This cult classic will have you singing along and tapping your feet the whole way through. Can't make it this weekend? Not a problem, Grease runs through the beginning of July. Here's a little Grease Lightning to get you through the rest of the week.
- Pricing: $20 Adults, $17 Senior/Military, $8 Students 25 & under ($2 more for Mezzanine seating)
- Where/When: 8:30 a.m. - 2 p.m. Saturday, June 18 in Uptown Gig Harbor (next to ).
- Why Go: If you're planning on preparing a Father's Day feast this Sunday, the Gig Harbor Farmers Market is where you'll need to go for all the fresh ingredients that will make this Father's Day special. Also at the market this Saturday, live music by Steve Stefanowicz. Seen all there is to see at the Gig Harbor Farmers Market? Check out the other farmers markets the going on this weekend: , , Puyallup Farmers Market, or the South Tacoma Farmers Market.
- Pricing: Admission is free.
- Where/When: 8 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. Sunday, June 19 at Fox Island Yacht Club.
- Why Go: Grab Dad and and whole family for this special Father's Day Breakfast at the Fox Island Yacht Club. Dad will get a great breakfast and that view of the beautiful Cedrona Bay is sure to make his day. The breakfast menu includes eggs, sausage, hash browns, pancakes, juice and coffee.
- Pricing: $6.00 for adults and $3 for children under 12.
- Where/When: Noon - 4 p.m. Saturday, June 18, at Purdy Sand Spit on the Shore of Henderson Bay off of Hwy 302
- Why Go: Harbor WildWatch and Shellfish Partners will be hosting their Annual 2011 Guided Beachwalk, Saturday. This free event for all ages provides a great opportunity to explore dynamic local tidelands. It will be guided by marine experts from Harbor WildWatch. In addition, Mike Behrens, the biology professor with Pacific Lutheran University will be providing a glimpse of what lives in and under the sand while demonstrating sand core sampling.
- Pricing: Free
- Where/When: 2 p.m. - 4 p.m. Saturday, June 18, at Merrill Gardes, 3213 45th St. NW in Gig Harbor
- Why Go: Enjoy a feast and bring your dancing shoes to raise money to help our troops. Merrill Gardens at Gig Harbor is hosting the event. Entertainment will be provided by Route 66, the big band sound of the swing era. All proceeds benefit the USO.
- Pricing: $10 minimum donation
Still want more? Check out our family-friendly refreshed every Wednesday.