safeTALK teaches members of the community to recognize people with thoughts of suicide and to connect them to suicide first aid resources. This half-day workshop offers a carefully crafted set of helping steps and the use of creative educational processes to make it possible for attendees to leave safeTALK willing and able to be suicide alert helpers. SafeTALK typically precedes the 2-day ASIST workshop.
In only a few hours, attendees will learn how to:
- provide practical help to people with thoughts of suicide
- be a suicide alert helper
- be aware that opportunities to help a person with thoughts of suicide are sometimes missed, dismissed and avoided
- activate a suicide alert using the TALK steps (Tell, Ask, Listen and KeepSafe)
- connect people with thoughts of suicide to people trained in suicide intervention
safeTALK is for everyone who wants to help prevent suicide: front line workers, clergy, volunteers, parents, youth*, teachers, law enforcement...anyone who want to help with suicide prevention.
Friday, February 22, 2013 9:00am - 12:00pm
Sunset Bible Church, 7920 44th St W, University Place, WA 98466
Sue Eastgard, MSW
To RSVP or for additional information, please contact: Sue Eastgard at: firstname.lastname@example.org or (206) 295-1038
$10.00 payable to Sue Eastgard Pay at the door or mail check to: Sue Eastgard 7459 Mary Ave. NW Seattle, WA 98117