Saturday, December 7, 11 a.m. – 5
Located at Marion Street between
Lake Street and North Blvd.
- Participate in Downtown Oak Park’s annual Cookie Walk a $20 participation fee
includes a souvenir cookie tin and a map of over 40 participating shops and
restaurants. *While supplies last. One
- Start the Cookie Walk at the Hospitality Tent on Marion Street, South of Lake
- Catch a glimpse of Saint Nicholas, enjoy a variety of family friendly acts
and warm up inside the hospitality tent with FREE hot chocolate provided by
Fannie May and FREE coffee provided by Caribou Coffee.
Enjoy these free events and
entertainment in downtown businesses:
- 10:00 - Community Bank of Oak Park
River Forest presents the 1951 classic, A Christmas Carol at the
Lake Theatre. Free tickets can be picked up at either Community Bank location:
1001 Lake Street, Oak Park, IL or 7777 Lake Street, River Forest, IL. There is
a limit of six tickets per person.
- 1:00-3:00 p.m. Visit
Oak Park, 1010 Lake St. – Artistic Face Painting by Pricilla Bell
- 12:00-1:00 p.m. Lemonmade Style & Snips, 187 N. Marion St. – Songs and
Storytelling by award-winning Amy Lowe
- 12:00-1:00 p.m. Muse, 106 N. Marion St. – Brazilian music duo, Dois no Choro
- 12:30-1:30 p.m. Competitive Foot, 102 N. Marion St. – African-American heritage
poetic storytelling by Oba William King
- 1:30-2:30 p.m. Sugarcup Trading, 110 N. Marion St. – Franceska’s Marionettes
will celebrate different cultures and holiday traditions from around the world.
- 1:00-2:30 p.m. Scratch n’ Sniff, 120 N. Marion St. – Slavic Folk music by
- 1:00-2:00 p.m. Chase Bank, 1048 Lake St. – OPRFHS’s show choir, “Noteworthy”
will perform a variety of music numbers from pop to jazz.
- 1:00-3:00 p.m. A Matter of Style, 114 N. Marion St. – Scandinavian fiddlers,
- 2:00-3:00 p.m. Prairie Bread Kitchen, 103 N. Marion St. – Magic, juggling and
comedy by Jeremy Pittpayne
- 2:00-4:00 p.m. CarefulPeach Boutique, 1024 North Blvd. – Harpist, Sara Thompson
Look for these special outdoor appearances:
12:00-4:00 p.m. Saint Nicholas will roam the streets and greet kids, both
naughty and nice and pose for photos (bring your camera!)
- 11:00-1:00 p.m. Oak Park’s Heritage Chorale will be singing holiday carols
throughout downtown. (weather permitting)
- 1:30-3:00 p.m. Fenwick High School Choir will be singing holiday carols
- 1:30-3:00 p.m. Dickensian Duo will roam the district performing holiday