Total calls during this period: 71
On June 24, medics transported a 57-year-old man to the hospital. He was experiencing back pain that radiated down his leg. He had been working in the yard the day before and said he tried to lift a large rock.
On June 25, a 19-year-old woman felt weak and almost lost consciousness after donating blood. Her mother assisted her to the floor and propped her up on her lap until medics arrived. She was then transported for further care to the hospital.
On June 26, an unoccupied 1,000-square foot cabin on Fox Island had caught on fire. The neighbors were attempting to contain the fire with a garden hose upon arrival. The cause of the fire appears to be cardboard boxes that were placed too close to the stove as the owners were in the cabin two hours before moving storage boxes.
On June 27, crews were called to a commercial fire at a grocery store restroom. Officials believe an unknown person had intentionally lit toilet paper on fire in a small container. After extinguishing the fire, the scene was turned over to for further investigation.
On June 28, a homeowner was burning yard debris in a no-burn zone within the City limits. Engine crews made contact with the owner who was unaware of the restriction and quickly extinguished the fire.
On June 30, a fully involved SUV was on fire just 10 feet from the owner’s garage door, with flames spreading to the exterior of the garage. The fire was quickly extinguished without further damage to the home. The owner was changing the fuel filter on the car when it accidently spilled onto a halogen work light and ignited the gasoline.
On June 30, firefighters responded to an unattended beach fire that extended toward a residence in the Purdy area. The size of the brush fire was about 10-by-10. Neighbors were actively controlling the fire with a 5-gallon bucket and bay water. Crews also used water from the bay and hand tools to ensure extinguishment without extension to the home.