Editor's note: Information courtesy of Key Peninsula Fire Department.
The Key Peninsula firefighters are bringing a special guest to neighborhoods around the Key Peninsula throughout the entire month of December.
Santa Claus will be making special appearances at the annual Santa Breakfast, the Key Center Tree Lighting Ceremony and will also be visiting your neighborhood in his sleigh and escorted by a firetruck.
“We’ll have the lights and sirens going so people will know Santa’s coming,” said firefighter Todd VanScoyk, who added that the firefighters enjoy the event as much as the kids do. “We’ll be handing out candy canes to the kids too."
The firefighters volunteer their time for the event, and use a Key Peninsula Fire Department pickup truck to pull Santa’s sleigh, with the jolly man himself on board.
Annual Santa Breakfast
Key Pen Parks and the Key Peninsula Fire Department offer a pancake breakfast with Santa Claus at the Key Center Fire Station from 9-11 a.m. on Saturday, Dec. 1.
Pre-registration is strongly encouraged for seating times of 9 a.m., 9:45 a.m. or 10:30 a.m. The cost is $5 per person when you pre-register by visiting www.KeyPenParks.com or $8 per person at the doors as space is available. Price includes breakfast, holiday arts and crafts, music and a photo with Santa Claus. Don't forget to tell Santa what you want for Christmas!
Key Center Tree Lighting
Santa will also be at the Tree Lighting Ceremony at the Corral in Key Center on Dec. 2 from 5:30 p.m.-6 p.m. and then he will be whisked off in his sleigh to visit The Lake Minterwood neighborhood.
Santa Sleigh Schedule:
- Sunday, Dec. 2 from 5:30p.m. - 8 p.m.
- Tree Lighting in Key Center
- Lake Minterwood Route
- Saturday, Dec. 8 from 5:30p.m. - 8 p.m.
- Sunday, Dec. 9 from 5:30 p.m. - 8 p.m.
- Friday, Dec. 14 from 5:30 p.m. - 8 p.m.
- Saturday, Dec. 15 from 5:30 p.m. - 8 p.m.
- Sunday, Dec. 16 from 5:30 p.m. - 8 p.m. (Sunday)
- Friday, Dec. 21 from 5:30 p.m. - 8 p.m. (Friday)
- Key Peninsula Civic Ceneter for Skate Night
- Vaughn Route
- Saturday, Dec. 22 from 5:30 p.m. - 8 p.m. (Saturday)