It’s Thursday, and you’ve got no idea what you’ll do for the weekend.
Patch is coming to the rescue. We’ve got the best bets for your done-work, outta-here time. Check our picks for the activities to hit and new bars/restaurants/shops to explore.
- Where/When: 7 p.m. Thursday through Saturday, April 5-7, at.
- Why Go: Join the Peninsula High School Drama Department for the final weekend of their production of The Drowsy Chaperone. This “Big Broadway” musical is filled with show-stopping dance numbers, glamorous costumes and pure slapstick comedy. Enjoy the show!
- Cost: $10 General Admission; $7 Military, Seniors, Students with ASB, children under 12. Call 253-530-4450 to RSVP.
- Where/When: 4 p.m. Friday, April 6, at 906 Kamus Drive Fi, Fox Island, WA.
- Why Go: The will be hosting a dedication ceremony for its Fox Island Fire Station 53. There will be an open house following the event.
- Cost: The event is free and open to the public.
- Where/When: Saturday, April 7, at the.
- Why Go: Think you have what it takes to be a star? Join the local Kiwanis Club for their fourth annual Gig Harbor Kiwanis Star Search. The performers are selected through four auditions, and finalists will perform and compete on stage for a $500 prize.
- Cost: For an audition date, call Jeni Mallory at 253-691-7085. Performers must be of amateur status and be 16 years old or older.
- Where/When: 8:30 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday, April 7, at.
- Why Go: Come celebrate spring with the opening of the Gig Harbor Farmers Market. The market offers fresh flowers, produce, plants, food, handmade crafts, a kids' tent, free guitar lessons, live music and more. Something fun for the whole family!
- Cost: Free.
- Where/When: 4-6 p.m. Saturday, April 7, at the .
- Why Go: Join the Two Waters Arts Alliance this weekend for their second annual Juried Art Exhibit at the Key Peninsula Library. There will be an Artist reception where you can mingle with friends and meet the artists behind these stunning pieces.
- Cost: Free.