Trooper Tony Radulescu's memorial motorcade is expected to travel across South Puget Sound highways tomorrow morning, ending at the Kent Showare Center, with the memorial beginning at 11:15 a.m.
Those driving eastbound SR 16 to southbound I-5 between 7:30 a.m and 10 a.m. should expect delays. The Washington State Patrol cautions drivers to not pull off the roadways during the procession.
The procession will be led by Trooper Radulescu’s colleagues from the local State Patrol district office, followed by other law enforcement and emergency services personnel from Kitsap and neighboring counties.
, 7700 Skansie Ave., has been designated as one of the four remote viewing sites for Trooper Tony Radulescu’s memorial service. The public is welcome to attend.
The route will begin at 7:30 a.m. at the Kitsap Mall in Silverdale. It will move onto SR 3 and then travel through the city of Port Orchard where Trooper Radulescu worked and lived.
The initial route is expected to be:
- Exit Kitsap Mall to SR 3;
- Southbound SR 3 to Gorst/SR 16 Interchange;
- Exit to Bay Street (SR 166) just south of Gorst;
- Travel through the City of Port Orchard along Bay Street;
- Turn left on Port Orchard Boulevard;
- Right onto Tremont Street West and back onto SR 16.
The procession will continue on SR 16 eastbound to I-5 and south to SR 512. They will meet up with additional law enforcement personnel staged just off 112th St. on Joint Base Lewis McChord (JBLM) property.
The route for the family procession will leave Mountain View Funeral Home on Steilacoom Blvd, Lakewood at approximately 10:30 a.m. They will rendezvous with those staged at JBLM on SR 512 and proceed to the ShoWare Center in Kent and arrive at approximately 11:15 a.m.
The final leg of the procession route:
- Leave Mountain View Funeral Home onto Steilacoom Boulevard.
- Left on South Tacoma Way
- Left on SR 512 East
- To SR 167 North
- Exit onto SR 516 to West Willis Street
- Left onto 4th Ave. south
- Left onto West James Street
- Arrive at front of ShoWare Center on West James Street.
There will be no procession following the service.