Filing week is over, and plenty of faces from the Gig Harbor area will be vying to make it out of the September primary election.
Here’s the rundown:
Legistlative District No. 26 (Kitsap, Pierce)
State Representative Pos. 1 Partisan Office 2-year term
- At the state level, a trio of local residents has filed to represent the 26th District in the House. Karin Ashabraner of Gig Harbor and Stephen Greer of Wauna are competing to represent the Democratic Party, while incumbent Rep. Jan Angel (R-Port Orchard) is the lone challenger on the Republican side.
State Representative Pos. 2 Partisan Office 2-year term
- Republican Doug Richards of Port Orchard is running to unseat incumbent Rep. Larry Seaquist (D-Gig Harbor).
Congressional District No. 6 (Clallam, Grays Harbor, Jefferson, Kitsap, Mason, Pierce)
U.S. Representative Partisan Office 2-year term
- Current state Sen. Derek Kilmer (D-Gig Harbor) is the only candidate representing the Democratic Party.
- For the Republican Party, the candidates include Jesse Young, David (Ike) Eichner, Bill Driscoll, Doug Cloud and Stephan Andrew Brodhead.
- Eric G. Arentz Jr. will be representing the Independent Party.
- Thomas P. Larkin of Gig Harbor is running unopposed for Pierce Superior Court Judge Position 3. It is a 4-year term.