Total Calls: 131
Choking Infant: A 10-month-old infant choked on a piece of watermelon in his high chair. Right before crews arrived, he spit up a piece and was breathing normally when he was examined. He was transported as a precaution to assess further.
Chest Pain: A 58-year-old male states he had chest pain for 10 hours. The pain began as a sharp pain and continued, increasing with position and movement – the last time with a sharp pain that radiated to his left hand. He was transported to a nearby hospital for evaluation and continued treatment.
Power Lines Down: State Game Road was blocked temporarily with power lines down caused by a fallen tree. Peninsula Light was notified, and crews assisted with traffic until their arrival.
Respiratory Distress: An 18-year-old male was having difficulty breathing and legs were weak. He was evaluated, and transported to the hospital for further treatment.
Brush Fire with Residential Exposure: A slow moving grass fire was located approaching a vacant home for sale on Fox Island. The fire was approximately 50’ in diameter and had burned all of the backyard grass, moving towards blackberry bushes in the side yard. Upon investigation, it appeared the fire had started off the concrete deck behind the structure. There was a cigarette butt lying on the ground in this area.
Beauty Bark Fire: A report of beauty bark on fire at Olympic Village Shopping Center sent an engine to investigate where they found a 1’ x 2’ area smoldering in a parking lot median. No cause of the fire was determined.
Fuel Spill: A minor fuel leak was reported after a non-injury motor vehicle accident on East Bay Drive. After investigation, it was determined the leak was water and not fuel.
Unattended Beach Fire: Crews were dispatched to the Fox Island Boat ramp beach area where a small camp fire about 15’ from the roadway was left burning unattended. The fire was extinguished safely.
Unauthorized Residential Burning: A burn complaint at a home on Horsehead Bay sent crews to investigate; the owner was burning a small yard-debris fire and did not know there was a burn ban in effect. The fire was extinguished with nothing further.
Odor Investigation: A cable repairman was at the scene and stated he was called to repair an internet connection. He then noticed a wire from the outside underground electric piping hooked to the cable wires. When he disconnected the wire, the homeowner stated she heard a popping sound in the kitchen where a suspicious hot iron smell was evident. A thermal imager was used to check for any possible fire in the walls, but nothing found. The homeowner will call an electrician before turning the power back on.
Residential Fire Alarm: Old Stump Drive. Nothing found on arrival, home not evacuated. Occupant believes that condensation from a hot shower triggered the alarm accidentally.
Woman Fallen: A 76-year-old struck her head on a step when falling down a flight of stairs. She lost her balance and fell sideways, striking her head on a step. She denied loss of consciousness, but has pain and tenderness to the head. She was transported for further evaluation.