Total Calls: 116
9/6: Burn Complaint
A 12’ in diameter burn pile was extinguished after arrival of the fire engine. Occupants on the property had an excavator on site and were clearing the land and burning the debris illegally.
9/7: Kitchen Fire
A pot of oil heating on a stove top started a fire that extended to the microwave and upper cabinets at a home on 36th St. Ct. NW. The homeowner was able to turn off the burner and evacuate safely while crews extinguished. The damage was contained to this area with some smoke damage throughout the home.
9/9: House Fire
A homeowner had turned on her outside lights about 10 minutes prior to going outside for her pet. When she went outside, she observed smoke from the porch area and paper was covering the lights & smoking. The lights were turned off and a garden hose was used to extinguish the fire. Crews used a ladder to access the lights to be sure no fire was inside the ceiling area of the porch or extension into the home. Nothing was found, and no damage to the home occurred.
9/10: Car Crash
A 21 year old female rear ended another vehicle on Purdy Drive at a speed near 50 mph. She was examined at the scene and transported with back, rib and abdominal pain resulting from the collision.
9/11: Lines Down
Cable lines were down on Goodnough Drive in front of a residence; Comcast was notified to repair.
9/11: Van in Ditch
A minivan was reported in a ditch against a power pole on Fox Island. Upon arrival, the van was unoccupied. PCSD was notified to investigate further.
9/12: Child in Hot Tub
An 8 year old boy fell backwards into a hot tub was immediately pulled out by his mother at the YMCA. He did not strike the side or bottom, was evaluated but not transported.