Happy Veterans Day! Here is a list of what’s open and what's closed.
Sunday, Nov. 11, 2012
- Pierce County Library System, including the locations in Gig Harbor and Key Center.
Monday, Nov. 12, 2012
- Government offices, including all federal, state, Pierce County and the City of Gig Harbor.
- Schools, including Peninsula School District and Tacoma Community College.
- U.S. Post Office will be closed, but FedEx and UPS will be open.
- Most banks including Bank of America, Wells Fargo, KeyBank and Kitsap Bank.
Sunday, Nov. 11 & Monday, Nov. 12
- Murrey's/American/DM Disposal: Normal pick up schedule.
- Pierce Transit (Observed on Monday, Nov. 12): Will run on a regular weekday schedule. Lakewood Bus Shop open 10 a.m.-2 p.m.; phone information available 9 a.m.-5 p.m. The Pierce Transit administrative offices and the Bus Shop locations on Commerce Street and at the Tacoma Dome Station will be closed on Monday.
- Most stores and restaurants will be open as normal.
- Gig Harbor Family YMCA: Regular hours. There will be no registration classes on Monday, Nov. 12.