Bartell Drugs' eighth annual "School Tools for Kids in Need" school supplies drive kicks off today. Through Aug. 28, you can drop off supplies at all 58 Bartell's locations, including , to support local students.
Donated school supplies will help re-stock the World Vision's Kids in Need Resource Center in Renton, where teachers--whose students qualify for free or reduced-price lunch programs--"shop" for school supplies free of charge.
Over the past year, the center served 120 schools throughout the Puget Sound region, with an average pick up of $700 in donated items for each of the nearly 2,500 teacher visits.
This year Mead, Avery and Bic have teamed up with Bartell's to support the drive. Here's a list of suggested donation items:
- Paper Mate #2 Pencils - 20 Count
- Bic Cristal or Round Stic Ink Pens - 10 pack. Blue or Black
- Elmer's Glue - Glue-All or School Glue/4 oz. bottles
- Kids' Scissors - pointed or blunt
- Avery Glue Stic/2 pack - Acid-free, photo-safe, permanent and washable
- Pentel Hi-Polymer Erasers - 3 pack
- Avery Poly Binders - 1/2" or 1" sizes
- Crayons - 24 colors
- Avery Hi-Liter Markers - Yellow or Pink
- Erasers - 25 pack cap erasers or 4 pack pink
According to Federal Way-based World Vision, a globally-known charitable organization, as many as 58,000 local students could begin the school year without the basic school supplies.