Editor’s note: Every week, Patch will use five questions to profile a local student who has accomplished something awesome, whether it be serving in a leadership role; scoring the winning touchdown or earning an Eagle Scout badge. There are some great kids in our community, and we want to celebrate them!
This week, meet Kiera McMenimen, 17, a senior at Gig Harbor High School and a member of the Tides' swim team.
1. What are some of your accomplishments that make you our Student of the Week? I have a fun-loving personality and a strong will. I have overcome a head injury and I swim with an auto immune disorder.
2. What are your future plans? I hope to attend the University of Utah and major in bio-chemistry.
3. Who is someone that you admire? Coach Mike Kelly for his dedication and Julia Lobdell for her support and love that she gives to everyone on our team.
4. In 10 years, I will be … finished with my degree in bio-chemistry and hopefully doing a pediatric-surgery internship.
5. One of my hidden talents is … My crazy faces and discovering perfect and funny YouTube.