Brace yourselves—the dog days of summer are upon us.
According to the National Weather Service, excessive heat watch is in effect from Thursday afternoon through Friday evening.
The interior of Western Washington, including Tacoma and Seattle, will see high temperatures well into the 90s on both days, the NWS said.
The NWS posted the following message on its website:
An excessive heat watch means that a prolonged period of heat temperatures is expected. The combination of hot temperatures and high humidity will combine to create a dangerous situation in which heat illnesses are possible.
Drink plenty of fluids, stay in an air-conditioned room, stay out of the sun and check up on relatives and neighbors.
Here are some tips to keep your .
Here’s the forecast for Gig Harbor through Sunday:
- Today: Sunny, with a high near 83. Calm wind becoming north northeast 5 to 9 mph in the morning.
- Tonight: Clear, with a low around 61. North northeast wind 5 to 14 mph.
- Thursday: Sunny, with a high near 88. North northeast wind around 6 mph.
- Thursday Night: Clear, with a low around 60. Northeast wind around 6 mph.
- Friday: Sunny, with a high near 84. Light north wind.
- Friday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 60.
- Saturday: Partly sunny, with a high near 80.
- Saturday Night: A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 55.
- Sunday: Partly sunny, with a high near 73.
- Sunday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 54.