It’s Thursday, and you’ve got no idea what you’ll do for the weekend.
Gig Harbor Patch is coming to the rescue. We’ve got the best bets for your done-with-work, get-me-outta-here time. Check our picks for the activities to hit.
- Where/When: 7 p.m. Friday, Aug. 12 at the Harbor Greens Wine Bar inside .Why Go: Looking for some live music this Friday night? Harbor Greens has you covered. Sit back with some wine or coffee and let Ben Union set the mood with his progressive funk-rock sound. Never heard of him? Sample a few songs from the Ben Union Myspace Page or check out this fun music video.
- Cost: No cover.
- Where/When: 10 a.m. - 10 p.m. Thursday through Saturday, and 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. on Sunday at Frontier Park in Graham.
- Why Go: Join Pierce County for this yearly celebration of rural life, agriculture and good old family values. Sit back and enjoy a wide selection of tasty fair foods while taking in all the the fair has to offer. Entertainment will include live country music acts, kids pedal tractor pull contests, Toddler Games Driving School and many other games and contests.
- Pricing: Tickets are $5, children under 5 get in free. Parking is $5.
Meet the Author Events: and
- Where/When: 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 13 at ; 3-5 p.m. Sat, Aug 13 at .
- Why Go: Stop by Mostly Books in downtown Gig Harbor for a chance to meet author Shelly Varney Bock aka "S.K. Varney." The book signing is for her new suspense novel, Deadly Smile. Then, later on Saturday stop by Morso for a reading from artist and author Richard Heller's new novel, Blueprints. Stick around after the reading to get your book signed.
- Cost: Free. Deadly Smile and Blueprints will be available for purchase at both the book signings and Mostly Books.
- Where/When: 12 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 14 at Cheney Stadium.
- Why Go: Exactly half a year away from Valentine's Day, this day is for the guys. Come out and celebrate beer, BBQ, bands and baseball at St. Meatentine's Day. After the game, the featured bands will include The Crying Spell, Hard Money Saints, Big Wheel Stunt Show, JAR of Rain, Nolan Gerret Trio, and more.
- Cost: Only pay admission to the game, tickets range from $5 - $30.
- Where/When: 11 a.m. - 4 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 13 at Nichols Community Center Fairgrounds in Fox Island.
- Why Go: Don't miss out on the biggest FICRA event of the summer. The old schoolhouse will be jumping with excitement. Most of the action will be out on the field where you will find a maze of booths, games, local artist displays, live music and tasty food! Bring your family and your friends to this fun community event.
- Cost: Admission is free.