It’s Thursday, and you’ve got no idea what you’ll do for the weekend.
Patch is coming to the rescue. We’ve got the best bets for your done-work, outta-here time. Check our picks for the activities to hit and new bars/restaurants/shops to explore.
- Where/When: 7:30-9:30 p.m. on Saturday, March 24, at.
- Why: Join Harbor WildWatch this Saturday evening for "Pier into the Night." Using submersible lights and scopes that illuminate the water, participants will have the opportunity to view the marine activity in Gig Harbor at night. You'll see darting plankton, pulsing jellyfish and feasting squid. There will even be naturalists on site to answer any questions you may have.
- Cost: Free. Life jackets are available free of charge at the dock.
- Where/When: 9 a.m.-5 p.m. on Saturday, March 24, at the .
- Why Go: Have you always wanted to build a boat but didn't want to go it alone? Here is your chance! Join the Gig Harbor BoatShop this Saturday as they build a classic 15-foot, 8-inch rowing boat. You will develop a combination of traditional and contemporary skills as part of a small crew guided by experienced boat builders.
- Cost: $45 for GHB Members and $50 for non-GHB members.
- Where/When: 10 a.m.-12 p.m. on Saturday, March 24, at Fox Island Alliance Church.
- Why Go: Fox Island Alliance Church is hosting a free Easter Egg-Stravaganza this Saturday. Children in fifth grade and younger will enjoy carnival games, an egg hunt and more!
- Cost: Free.
- Where/When: 7-9 p.m. on Saturday, March 24, at .
- Why Go: The Gig Harbor Peninsula Civic Orchestra is presenting its second concert of the season this Saturday. Pieces to be played include Debussy’s “Prelude a l’apres-midi d’un faune,” “Irish Rhapsody No 1” by C.V. Stanford, Ventre’s “Happy Tooters,” “Capriole Suite” for full orchestra, “What’s Up At The Symphony (Bugs Bunny’s Greatest Hits)” and “Kirkpatrick Fanfare” by Andrew Boysen Jr.
- Cost: Admission is free.
- Where/When: 1-5 p.m. on Saturday, March 24, in downtown Gig Harbor.
- Why Go: Visit six restaurants in four hours this Saturday in downtown Gig Harbor. For only $30 per person you will be able to taste what downtown has to offer. You will be "Teased" with appetizers at each location as well as discounted drink specials. This is a great way to meet new people and have fun with friends. Participating restaurants include , , , , and .
- Cost: $30 per person. Must be 21+ to attend.