As we look back on the year, 2012 was definitely a busy year for Gig Harbor. While there were a disproportionate amount of sadness, there were plenty of good news and proud accomplishments that came out of Gig Harbor. And let's not forget, Smithosonian.com even named Gig Harbor its fifth best small town in the U.S.What did you think was the highlight or top story of 2012? Tell us in the comments below.
We've compiled a list of the top 20 popular stories on the site. Click through the media gallery as we trip down memory lane.
- UPDATE: All Lanes Open on Tacoma Narrows Bridge
- Design Process Under Way for Gig Harbor's Inclusive Playground
- Mamma Mia! Wallaby Caught in Gig Harbor
- Outgoing City Administrator Beatboxes for Patch
- UPDATE: Peninsula School District Fires Gig Harbor's Coach McKay
- Gig Harbor Paracanoeist to Represent U.S. at World Championships
- Tacoma Narrows Bridge Tolls to Increase in July 1
- Former GHHS Principal Arrested for Second DUI
- UPDATE: Body of Puyallup Man Found in Gig Harbor Ditch
- UPDATE: Three Men Injured In Shooting On Key Peninsula; Shooter Told Woman She Was Molested
- Gig Harbor Motorcyclist Killed on Reid Drive
- Sounders’ Alex Caskey Kicks It With Gig Harbor Kids
- Did Peninsula School Officials Respond Correctly to the Bullied Student?
- POLL: Are You in Favor of or Against Same-Sex Marriage?
- Gig Harbor's First Distillery Opens This Saturday
- ELECTION: Derek Kilmer Takes 6th Congressional District
- PHOTOS: High Tide Reaches Gig Harbor