Information provided by the City of Gig Harbor.
The will host an open house on Wednesday, July 25, from 5 to 7 p.m. at the to update the public on the .
The Donkey Creek Restoration Project, funded through state, federal and local funds, consists of:
- Rebuilding Austin Street as a fully developed one-way road
- Constructing a bridge for one-way traffic on North Harborview Drive
- Excavation to remove the 300 foot culvert and daylight Donkey Creek
- Relocate the three-way stop at North Harborview and Harborview to Austin Street and Harborview
- Sidewalk improvements from the entrance of to the Museum entrance
The public is encouraged to come to learn about this project, which begins with utility relocation work starting Aug. 1. The project will take approximately one year to complete.