This year’s Joint Base Lewis-McChord Air Expo will feature 20 top-notch performers and almost 50 static display aircraft and equipment.
The Air Expo is Saturday and Sunday, July 21-22, and is free and open to the general public. Gates open at 8 a.m. and flying starts at 11 a.m. both days.
“The performer slate is pretty much set, but we’re still working to get more static display aircraft and military equipment for Air Expo attendees to enjoy,” said Lt. Col. Ira Cline, Air Expo director from the 62nd Airlift Wing. “We’re in a full-court press making final show arrangements and turning up the heat.”
The Air Expo team swished a three-pointer when they locked in three headline acts for this year’s Air Expo – The Air Force Thunderbirds, the Army Golden Knights and the Patriots Jet Team. But the rest of the performers’ lineup is a virtual “Dream Team” of performers from “flip floppers” to jet cars.
Here’s a list of all of the performers in alphabetical order:
- A-1 Skyraider, “The Proud American"
- “Ace Maker” T-33 Airshows
- AH-1 Cobra & UH-1 Huey Helicopter Demo
- B-1B "Lancer"
- B-2 “Spirit” - Flyover (Saturday only)
- B-52 "Stratofortress" Flyover (Saturday only)
- Bill Braack, “Smoke-n-Thunder” Jet Car
- Billy Werth, “Grayout Aerosports”
- C-17 “Globemaster III” Demo Flight
- F-16 Viper West
- Herb & Ditto Airshows
- Heritage Flight (P-51 and F-16)
- John Klatt Air Show Tour
- Lee Lauderback – P-51 “The Little Witch”
- Patriots Jet Team
- Tim Weber – Extra 300S aerobatic aircraft
- United States Air Force Thunderbirds
- United States Army Golden Knights
- Vicky Benzing – Extra 300S aerobatic aircraft
- Vietnam Demonstration
This year’s Air Expo has fast planes, slow planes, helicopters, large cargo planes and a flame-breathing jet car, but some people like an even bigger punch. The mammoth “Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Octagon Nation Tour,” travel trailer sponsored by the Air Force Reserve, will be on display both days at this summer’s Air Expo
On Saturday, July 21st, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., UFC Hall of Fame member Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell, will be at the truck for autographs and photos.
For more information and a full list of performers and static displays, visit the Air Expo's website atwww.lewismcchordairexpo.com or look for “Joint Base Lewis McChord Air Expo 2012” onFacebook or Twitter.